Rebellion Treatment for KDE System Settings

Hey you all revolutionaries of the OpenSUSE Desktop. I have been working hard to bring you my latest creation. This time I thought that it would be nice to work out some of the settings that you find on the KDE System Settings. This mockups are far from perfect but take into account the idea of a horizontal bar for each of the main items and also the touches of green and grays. I especially like the dark background for the window background and the green rim around the buttons.

I hope you like it and send me comments.

(correction, I just realized that the highlighted buttons on top of this concept do not correspond to the section displayed below. This is just something I did after a long time and I forgot about this detail in the end)




Written by

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, it's openSUSE...

Your mockup seems to assume a simpler System Settings, maybe it would be useful on mobile devices?

Or is it just a design study, in which case it could be used as the basis for a widget set?

Unknown said...

I am trying to make opensuse look simpler. I think it is important to remember that screens are becoming smaller and wider rather than squared. Taking after that idea, it would be important for suse to 1, brand itself in a strong way and, 2, make suse more understandable for the majority of people. KDE 4 is a great system and they have worked hard on it to make i beautiful but more can be done in the area of simplicity.

I am trying to come up with concepts that can be taken into acount in future releases of opensuse.